Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lovebugs, Drywall, and the Lord's Prayer

My wish was granted.  I've been building for a bit now.  We've built AC platforms to raise units above "regular" rain/flood levels.  (In many places in the city, when it rains the streets and yards and pretty much everything floods.)  We've also hung drywall, ceiling and walls, and begin finishing the drywall.  Generally, I appear to wear more of the joint compound than the walls...oops.  It's been great fun and real work.  I said I wanted to get my hands dirty and boy am I!

The best moment though, was not the time when my corner passed inspection nor was it visiting the taco truck for Taco Thursday.  The best moment was meeting the sweet lady who owns the house we're building, Mrs. R.  Mrs. R came out and thanked us.  She sat on the porch steps chatting with us for a bit as we watched the water-man search for the houses water main.  We laughed as she caught lovebugs and I failed to hold on to them.  It wasn't anything particularly profound but she is closer to coming back home and that made everyone on site happy.


Thy kingdom come...on earth as it is in heaven


I like hanging out with kingdom-builders.  My hands are dirty, my arms are tired, the sun shines, and Mrs. R is a little bit closer to home; it's a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment